Hillard Heintze provided the following information regarding demonstration activities in Chicago that they gained from public social media sources and was not independently verified.
Tonight, May 10th, Occupy Chicago will be hosting a General Assembly at the horse statue at corner of Michigan Avenue and Congress Parkway at 7:00 p.m.
In the week leading up to the NATO Summit, Occupy Chicago will have several days of action; each dedicated to a specific topic (as listed below):
– 5/12-13 – The People’s Summit @ 500 W. Cermak Ave. (Kick-off event to the NATO Week of Action)
– According to Twitter, there will be a “Clown Bloq” on May 12th, being advertised as a call to action for a “Laugh Riot” during the week of the NATO Summit.
– 5/14 – Education & Transit
– 5/15 – No Human is Illegal “From Mexico to Palestine, Border Walls are a Crime”
– 5/16 – Foreclosures
– 5/17 – Healthcare
– 5/18 – National Nurses United Robin Hood Tax March
– 5/19 – Environment
– 5/20 – CANG8 March
– 5/21 – May 21st Democracy
The People’s Summit will begin this Saturday, which is the kick-off event for the NATO Week of Action. Past descriptions of the People’s Summit said there will be street theater and other actions. Please be aware of the potential for those types of actions to occur. The schedule for the weekend is listed as follows. These workshops will be taking place at the Occupy Chicago indoor headquarters at 500 W. Cermak Ave.