Every summer since 1980, Chicago’s Grant Park on the city’s lakefront has been home to one of the nation’s leading food festivals. The Taste of Chicago showcases the vast diversity of Chicagoland’s extensive food community. In addition to the variety of tasty food options available at the Taste, there are a number of terrific music performances and activities planned for the family to enjoy.
This year’s lineup will feature signature items from 82 eateries, 37 of which are new vendors. For those looking for healthier options, many vendors will also have gluten-free and vegetarian options available. Make sure to take advantage of the popular “Taste Of” portions which are priced at $3.00 or less so that you can try out additional delicious food choices.
Admission to the Taste of Chicago is FREE, and tickets for food and beverages can be purchased in strips of 14 tickets for $10.
Date: July 10 – 14, 2019
Time: 11 am – 9 pm for Wednesday through Friday, 10 am – 9 pm on Saturday and Sunday
For more information on the Taste, visit tasteofchicago.us.
Safety Tips for the Taste:
· If you see something suspicious, report it
· Carry water and stay hydrated
· Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
· Utilize the buddy system
· Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
· Leave any valuables at home
· Do not jump any barricades
· Secure handbags and wallets
· Stay calm and pleasant
· Follow your own instincts
· Leave yourself room to move quickly
· If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).