Federal and local law enforcements across the country are enhancing their security measures ahead of the July 4th holiday. This is in response to a bulletin produced by the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, and the National Counterterrorism Center that states that there are no specific known active plots but includes a warning of heightened threats. This warning is due to terror activity in Tunisia, Kuwait, and France in addition to increased social media presence by groups such as ISIS.
The bulletin produced by the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, and the National Counterterrorism Center is similar to other bulletins that have been sent out in the past as a precaution on our around major U.S. holidays.
Information regarding the bulletin was published by ABC News and CNN.
For your safety and those around you increase their awareness this weekend by following these guidelines:
- If you see something suspicious, report it
- Remain alert and observant of your surroundings
- Utilize the buddy system if going to a Fourth of July celebration
- Follow your own instincts
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible