Our thoughts are with the people of Paris during this challenging time. In the interest of safety, we remain in constant contact with our public sector contacts. In the wake of the Paris attacks, the OEMC has shared the following information:
- There is no specific ISIL threat to the Chicago area or the United States.
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security expects the death toll in Paris to rise due to the number of individuals critically injured.
- City public safety officials are in constant communication with our federal partners to assess any threats and will take appropriate actions as necessary.
- People may encounter increased security at major transportation hubs, large gatherings, and attractions in the City.
- We encourage private sector security teams to increase vigilance and to ensure all camera systems are in working order.
- As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).