Below is a summary of what was discussed at the BOMA/Chicago Preparedness Committee meeting on August 18th, 2020. The meeting was hosted by Ron Tabaczynski (BOMA), Erin Belknap (Sterling Bay), and Tom Henkey (Titan). Attendees included members of the Chicago Police Department, Chicago Fire Department, Department of Homeland Security, and other government agencies.
- A discussion took place for points
to address in an upcoming call between BOMA/Chicago and the Chicago Mayor’s
- A possible virtual/smartphone credential for Loop access
- The continuation of bus service during a shutdown, closer CTA train stops available
- Having more consistency with approval of letterhead/credentials at checkpoints
- Including an inquiry about better/additional commercial sector actions
- Streamlining communications from City agencies to BOMA members
- Tom Henkey provided an update, which included a recap of the latest activity in the central business district
- Erin Belknap provided an update on the current status of coronavirus in Chicago
The Chicago Police Department (CPD) Update:
- 1st District:
- 18th District:
- The District is monitoring several upcoming protests and has increased patrols in commercial corridors
The Chicago Fire Department (CFD) Update:
- Fire drills are still required for category 1 and 2 buildings
- Fire safety director renewals are ongoing
Department of Homeland Security:
- Protective security advisor remains available for site-specific assessments
- The September 15th monthly BOMA/Chicago Preparedness Committee meeting may be via teleconference or in-person depending on the situation and social distancing guidelines from public-health organizations.
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).