Titan received information on an upcoming protest, and wanted to pass along the following information:
When: November 11, 2017
Where: South State Street and East Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL.
This group will gather at the corner of South State and East Jackson for their campaign, “NO! To Trump’s Nuclear War NO! To “America First”.
When protests occur, whether you are spectating or participating, it is important to remember the following safety tips and procedures:
- If you see something suspicious, report it
- Carry water and stay hydrated
- Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
- Utilize the buddy system
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
- Leave any valuables at home
- Do not jump any barricades
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Stay calm and pleasant
- Follow your own instincts
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).
Demonstration Building Security Preparedness Checklist – Click Here
BOMA/Chicago Best Practices Guide for Civil Unrest/Disturbances/Protests – Click Here
Building Security Best Practices for Protests – Click Here