Chicago will begin Phase 3 of Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s Be Safe Chicago plan today. In addition, the city announces CTA and Loop access will be open today.
CTA Schedule and Loop Access
While full access to the area will be reintroduced for all Chicagoans, select closures and service interruptions will remain in effect until further notice. The citywide curfew for all residents and visitors, effective from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. will remain in effect until further notice.
Starting today at 5 a.m., the following will reopen:
- Lake Shore Drive will open with the following exits remaining closed: Michigan Avenue, Chicago Avenue, Grand Avenue, Lower Wacker Drive and Randolph Street.
- All entrance and exit ramps on 290 and 90/94.
- CTA train and bus service will be restored, however, some train stops located within or near the designated boundaries in the Central Business District and Loop area will remain closed. Closures impacting the morning rush will be posted today beginning at 5:00 a.m. and will be updated regularly throughout the day at www.transitchicago.com to ensure residents and employees have access to the latest transit information.
- Bridges in the Central Business District will be lowered over the Chicago River on the following streets: Clark Street, Dearborn Street, Lake Street, Randolph Street, Wells Street and Washington Street.
Also, Divvy Bike Sharing Stations citywide will reopen beginning at 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. until further notice.
City and State Re-Entry Guidelines
For your reference, you can find a copy of the city and state’s office re-entry guidelines below and you can also refer to our Interpretations and Guidance to help you navigate between the two different sets of guidelines:
- City of Chicago Office Re-Entry Guidelines
- State of lllinois Office Re-Entry Guidelines
- State of Illinois Toolkit with signage, training checklists and other resources
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).