Submitting Information or Video Footage to the Chicago Police Department
To help aid the CPD’s ongoing investigation, if you have any relevant information or video footage concerning the looting that took place this morning, please submit online through the CPD – Submit a Tip portal at CPDTIP.com. Video and tips can be provided anonymously or with contact information.
Restricted Access in Downtown Chicago
City officials indicated this morning that there will be restricted access into the downtown areas of Chicago from 8:00 pm – 6:00 am until further notice but did not provide further details or clarification. When we receive these details we will provide further updates regarding the nature of the restricted access. Consider preparing for similar street and public transportation closures from May and June.
- If you see something suspicious, report it
- Carry water and stay hydrated
- Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
- Utilize the buddy system
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
- Leave any valuables at home
- Do not jump any barricades
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Stay calm and pleasant
- Follow your own instincts
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
- Demonstration Building Security Preparedness Checklist – Click Here
- BOMA/Chicago Best Practices Guide for Civil Unrest/Disturbances/Protests – Click Here
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something.” For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).