On February 15th, a panel sponsored by CoreNet Global spoke to downtown property managers and other professionals. The panel included Gary McCarthy, Chicago Police Superintendent, Frank Benedetto, US Secret Service Special Agent-in-Charge, and Gary Schenkel, Executive Director- of OMEC.
The main concentration of this panel is that there are things that downtown businesses and properties should be concerned about but there should not be fear. There should be emergency plans in place such as evacuation plans in case they are needed.
The panel answered questions which answers included:
- Employees will be able to get to work near secure areas
- Air travel will be normal
- Public transit will most likely not be interrupted
- Officials are not planning on using tear gas to disperse crowds
- The area that will be most affected will be inside the security perimeter that has still not been determined
For the full article from the Chicago Tribune, please click here. Below is the news report from ABC7 Chicago.