With the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K run approaching, Titan wanted to provide the following information to help keep both runners and spectators safe:
The 10th Annual MB Financial Hot Chocolate 15K/5K run is this Sunday, October 29, 2017. The start and finish lines for both the 5K and 15K runners will be in Grant Park, and the course will split off at approximately 2.8 miles. After those first 2.8 miles, runners completing the 15K will complete a different route than those completing the 5K.
To view a full map of the course, click on the link below:
Wave One: 7:30am
Wave Two: 8:15am
Wave Three: 2 Mile Walkers : 9:00am
In preparation for the race, check for posted street closures, mailed brochures, and residential postings to stay informed and plan accordingly.
To view a map of full road closures, click on the link below:
- If you see something suspicious, report it
- Carry water and stay hydrated
- Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
- Utilize the buddy system
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
- Leave any valuables at home
- Do not jump any barricades
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Stay calm and pleasant
- Follow your own instincts
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).
Demonstration Building Security Preparedness Checklist – Click Here
BOMA/Chicago Best Practices Guide for Civil Unrest/Disturbances/Protests – Click Here
Building Security Best Practices for Protests – Click Here