Cook County Sherriff Tom Dart is looking into opening up the Joliet Correctional Center for NATO offenders this May. The Joliet Correctional Center has been closed since 2002.
Recent summit arrest numbers are:
- 2010 G-20 summit in Toronto – 1,100 arrests
- 2009 G-20 summit in London – 122 arrests
- 2009 G-20 summit in Pittsburgh – 119 arrests
- 2008 G-8 summit in Japan – 44 arrests
- 2007 G-20 summit in Germany – 1,000 arrests
The Chicago Police Department is currently planning on separating men and women who are arrested for less serious offenses. Males will be taken to either Area North at Belmont and Western or the 25th District at Grand and Central. Females will be taken to an undisclosed location on the South side.
For the full article from the Chicago Sun-Times, please click here.