On May 31, 2013, Illinois lawmakers passed a set of rules saying who can carry concealed guns and where they can be carried. These rules are currently waiting to be signed into practice by the Governor.
According to the rules, guns would not be allowed in the following places:
- CTA and Metra buses and trains
Other rules include:
- $150 concealed weapons permit valid for 5 years for applicants 21 and older
- Complete 16 hours of training prior to getting a gun
- Series of provisions were designed to prevent people with mental health problems from getting guns
- Gun owners can travel from 1 county to another
- Loaded guns could be stored in a car out of sight
- Assault weapons would no longer be able to be approved
- Private sale and transfers now would require a seller to verify that a gun buyer’s firearm owner’s identification card has not been revoked
For the full article from the Chicago Tribune, please click here.