In these uncertain times, jurisdictions across the country are considering what steps they are going to implement to stop the spread of transmission of COVID-19.
As you contemplate additional policies and procedures to implement within your organization, consider these tips to help you prepare for and mitigate future impacts:
- Monitor messaging from subject matter experts like the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Examine “soft lockdown” protocols for all facilities, including pedestrian doors and loading docks
- Verify the building automation system control capabilities for all facilities
- Review CP3 database basic building information and emergency contacts
- Audit your facility emergency operations plan (EOP) and emergency contact lists
Titan’s emergency planning services capabilities include the creation of a facility-specific, all-hazards emergency plan. Every one of our current emergency services Clients has a core pandemic response guide included as a portion of their emergency operations plan document. Contact Titan’s Director of Emergency Management, Tom Henkey at [email protected] if we can provide additional insight or assistance.
COVID 19 Preparedness Checklist for Property Professionals
- BOMA International has released a COVID 19 Preparedness Checklist, to help property professionals navigate this public health concern.
Business and Workplace Resources
- Interim Guidance for Business and Employers (US CDC)
- Guidance for Preparing Workplaces on COVID-19 (OSHA) Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations (US CDC)
- The City of Chicago issued Guidance and Support for Covid-19 Restrictions on Restaurant Dining and Taverns.
Employment Laws and COVID-19 Health Emergencies
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers) – US Department of Labor
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers – US Department of Labor
- Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act – US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- COVID-19 – Occupational Health and Safety Administration