Titan Security Group attended the Chicago Public/Private Task Force (CPPTF) teleconference on November 12th, 2020. Organizations that participated in the meeting include BOMA/Chicago, Office of Emergency Management (OEMC), ChicagoFIRST, Chicago Cultural Properties Security Group (CCPSG), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), CPIC Fusion Center (CPD CPIC), Chicago Hospitality Entertainment and Tourism Security Association (Chicago HEaT), Illinois Health and Hospital Association (IHHA), Security Council of Professional Educators (SCOPE), Chicago Department of Buildings (DOB), and the Chicago Federal Executive Board (CFEB).
Below is a recap of what was discussed during the meeting.
- COVID rates continue to trend upward;
- The City of Chicago announced a State at Home Advisory for city residents
Public Safety Updates
- The agency is providing a regular recap of election preparedness and security measures;
- The COVID response is ongoing, including a virtual Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- The Center is continuing to monitor multiple planned public gatherings
COVID Member Update
- ChicagoFIRST reported that the majority of members are not planning on returning to the office until the spring of FY21;
- BOMA building occupancy is currently around 15% of capacity;
- Cultural properties have essentially shuttered;
- Hospitals are shifting back to the COVID-centric status seen this past spring
Business Operations Center (BOC)
- The business operations center was activated as an overflow location for private-sector security and awareness during the election period;
- Hosted by the Hyatt Regency;
- The attendance peaked at approximately 20-25 attendees;
- After action review is still pending
- The next meeting is on December 10th via conference call
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something.” For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).