Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Day festivities will take place this Saturday, March 15th starting at 9:30am. These festivities includes dyeing Chicago river green as well as a parade.
In 2014 the river will be turning green on Saturday March 15, starting at 9:30 A.M. The best place to view this year will be between Columbus and Wabash. Visit http://greenchicagoriver.com/ for further information.
The 2014 parade starts at 12:00pm at Balbo and Columbus and ends at Monroe and Columbus. For more information on the parade visit http://www.chicagostpatsparade.com/.
Street closures for the parade will begin at 7:30am and end around 2:30pm. These include:
- Columbus Drive from Roosevelt to Balbo
- Balbo between Michigan and LSD
- Monroe from Columbus to LSD
- Columbus from Randolph to Roosevelt
- Jackson from Columbus to LSD
- Congress from Michigan to Columbus
Remember these tips to have a safe celebration.
- Don’t bring valuables with you to your celebration
- Be aware of your surroundings and locate where you can go for help if necessary
- If you plan on drinking, do not drive
- Be extra cautious on the roads if you are driving this weekend