The following activities are tentatively planned for Friday, April 1, 2016 in regards to the Chicago Teachers Union.
- Withholding their labor and their dollars
- Boycotting the Magnificent Mile
- Protesting Governor Rauner, Mayor Emanuel and billionaire Ken Griffin
- Protesting banks such as Bank of America
- Demanding progressive taxation
- Demanding the release of the TIF surplus
Tentative Schedule of Events
6:30am – 9:00am – School Picketing
10:00am – 1:30pm – Teach-In at Northeastern University (5500 N Saint Louis Ave, Chicago)
10:00am – 12:00pm – Teach-In at Chicago State University (9501 S King Drive, Chicago)
12:00pm – Chicago State University Rally for Higher Education
2:00pm – 3:30pm – University of Illinois at Chicago rally
2:00pm – 4:00pm – Project NIA Close Youth Prisons march – to take place in the Central Business District
4:00pm – Rally at the Thompson Center.
Post-Rally at Thompson Center – Protesters are scheduled to march but the path is currently unclear.
Map of Planned Events
The following is a map of the planned events throughout the day: