The Women’s March Chicago 2018 will take place Saturday, January 20, 2018 beginning at 10:00am. The following information has been provided of the march:
When: Saturday, January 20th – 10:00am – 1:00pm
Route: The march will begin at Jackson/Columbus then west on Jackson to Clark, north on Clark into Federal Plaza.
Estimated Participants: Current estimates call for 100,000 participants, but last year, nearly 250,000 people participated in the march and related demonstrations.
- F3 Lake Half Marathon, Museum Campus
- Join Indivisible at the Women’s March to the Polls, Art Institute
- March with Cause the Effect Chicago, 500 S. Columbus
- 47th Dems March to the Polls, 310 S. State
- If you see something suspicious, report it
- Carry water and stay hydrated
- Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
- Utilize the buddy system
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
- Leave any valuables at home
- Do not jump any barricades
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Stay calm and pleasant
- Follow your own instincts
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).
Demonstration Building Security Preparedness Checklist – Click Here
BOMA/Chicago Best Practices Guide for Civil Unrest/Disturbances/Protests – Click Here
Building Security Best Practices for Protests – Click Here