The South Loop Neighborhood Watch Group as part of the Prairie District Neighborhood Alliance has provided the following information from the Chicago Police Department (CPD).
There have been many package thefts in the South Loop recently. A flyer regarding some of the recent ones in April 2019 can be found by clicking here.
Reminders in regards to packages include:
- In act if you see it, call 911. Make sure someone files police report after
- Even if your package is replaced by Amazon, file a police report in person or on-line at https://home.chicagopolice.org/online-services/online-crime-reporting/
- If police report for theft is not filed, the police CAN NOT reliably follow-up or be assigned to develop pattern for further investigation. Investigation based on calls without official police report do not always generate investigation or pattern review.
- Use a neighbor buddy system to pick-up, received, or notify if package is delivered – look out for each other.
- Use the many package tracking & text alert systems to let you know your package is delivered, re-route it, or place hold
- Use work address for deliveries if convenient
- Don’t leave your package for lengths of time – by doing so, we make everyone a target
- Amazon Lockers – if you rely on Amazon but can’t be at home, use the many new Amazon Lockers