The Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon, 10k and 5k will be held this Saturday, July 21 and Sunday, July 22. More than 18,00 runners are expected in addition to thousands of spectators.
The following road closures will be taking place:
Saturday, July 21 – 5k Race
- Columbus: from Grant park to Lower Randolph
- Lower Randolph: from Columbus to the Lakefront Trail
Sunday, July 22 – 10k Race and Half Marathon
- Grant Park Area: 1:00am – 3:00pm
- Streeterville/River north: 6:00am – 8:30am
- Loop: 6:00am-9:30am
- Downtown: 6:00am-9:30am
- Michigan Avenue: 6:00am – 10:30am
- South Loop: 6:00am – 11:00am
- Lakefront Area: 6:00am – 11:30am
Please note that there will be multiple No Parking Zones along the route. A map of road closures and No Parking Zones can be found on the Run Rock Roll website, here.
- If you see something suspicious, report it
- Carry water and stay hydrated
- Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
- Leave any valuables at home
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).