The Daley Plaza rally by striking Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) will be followed by a march that is expected to step off at approximately 2:30 pm depending on the completion of speakers at the rally.
Anticipated Step Off at 2:30 with the same crowd size as yesterday
- The group will gather at Daley Plaza.
- Head north on Clark to Randolph.
- West on Randolph to LaSalle.
- South on LaSalle to Washington
- East on Washington to Dearborn
- North on Dearborn to Kinzie
- West on Kinze to Clark
- South on Clark to Daley Plaza and disperse
Past labor union demonstrations have also attracted protest activity from other organizations. There is likely to be continued demonstration activity in the Central Business District during day and evening hours for the duration of the strike. Certain areas, such as CPS Headquarters, City Hall, Daley Plaza and large corporate headquarters have been frequent sites for past demonstrations.
Consider the following when preparing for civil unrest or protest activity:
- Set, review and practice emergency lockdown
- If a demonstration forms outside your building be prepared to quickly lockdown the building, only allowing access to tenants
- Establish a system or process to notify tenants of protest or building lockdown activity
- Program your access control system to lock all exterior doors upon demand
- Practice lockdown procedures including securing the perimeter with security officers or building staff and designating a point of ingress away from the demonstration for tenants to use
- Establish communication with local law
- If protests are violent or taking place on private property contact law enforcement immediately
- Maintain regular communication with law enforcement throughout the incident
- Remain peaceful and calm, do not provoke or become violent, attempt to defuse and resolve the situation
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding extra security coverage, how to prepare or train for civil unrest or protest activity, please contact your Titan representative. Also, please notify your building teams and be on alert as more protests may occur throughout these negotiations.