A large scale demonstration and march involving multiple organizations is planned for Saturday, June 30 starting at 11:00am in the central business district. The events are expected to focus on immigration and other social issues.
Depending on the weather, police are expecting crowds in the thousands. Current forecasts call for heat index exceeding 100 degrees.
- 11:00am – Assembling at Daley Plaza
- 1:00pm – They will begin to walk south along Clark to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office at Clark and Congress
- If you see something suspicious, report it
- Carry water and stay hydrated
- Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
- Utilize the buddy system
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
- Leave any valuables at home
- Do not jump any barricades
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Stay calm and pleasant
- Follow your own instincts
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).
Demonstration Building Security Preparedness Checklist – Click Here
BOMA/Chicago Best Practices Guide for Civil Unrest/Disturbances/Protests – Click Here
Building Security Best Practices for Protests – Click Here