Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Day Festivities
Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Day festivities will take place this Saturday, March 17th starting at 9:00am. These festivities include dyeing the Chicago river green as well as a parade.
In 2018 the river will be turning green on Saturday March 17th, starting at 9:00 A.M between Columbus and Wabash.
The 2018 parade starts at 12:00pm in Grant Park at Balbo and Columbus with the parade units proceeding north on Columbus Drive. The parade ends at Monroe and Columbus.
Street closures will begin at 8:00am. They will include Columbus Ave from Roosevelt Rd to Wacker Dr and east/west streets in those boundaries.
For more information on the parade and river dyeing visit https://www.chicagostpatricksdayparade.org/frequently-asked-questions—parade-day-and-river-dyeing-details.html .
Remember these tips to have a safe celebration.
- Don’t bring valuables with you to your celebration
- Be aware of your surroundings and locate where you can go for help if necessary
- If you plan on drinking, do not drive
- Be extra cautious on the roads if you are driving this weekend
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Stay calm and pleasant
- Follow your own instincts
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).