Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Day Festivities
Chicago’s St. Patrick’s Day festivities will take place this Saturday, March 11th starting at 9:00am. These festivities include dyeing the Chicago river green as well as a parade.
In 2017 the river will be turning green on Saturday March 11th, starting at 9:00 A.M between Columbus and Wabash.
The 2017 parade starts at 12:00pm at Balbo and Columbus with the parade units proceeding north on Columbus Drive. The parade ends at Monroe and Columbus.
For more information on the parade and river dyeing visit http://www.chicagostpatricksdayparade.org/parade-and-river-dyeing.html.
South Side Irish Parade
The 2017 South Side Irish Parade will be March 12th, 2016. The parade will step off at noon from 103rd and proceed down Western Avenue to 115th Street. For more information on the parade visit http://www.southsideirishparade.org/event-info/.
Remember these tips to have a safe celebration.
- Don’t bring valuables with you to your celebration
- Be aware of your surroundings and locate where you can go for help if necessary
- If you plan on drinking, do not drive
- Be extra cautious on the roads if you are driving this weekend
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Stay calm and pleasant
- Follow your own instincts
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).