Titan Security Group attended the 1st District CAPS Meeting, 20 Sector Residential Beat Meeting, Beats 121, 122, 123, and 124 on May 8, 2019. The following is information provided during this meeting.
Resolutions to Previously Identified Problems on the Beats:
- Bike Meeting on May 7, 2019
- Alderman Sophia King approved infrastructure upgrades to bike paths, lanes, curbs, and barriers for safer travels for cyclists
- Printers Row Park and 500-600 S Dearborn Area:
- Community has helped clean up parks.
- Chicago Police have increased patrols and City of Chicago has increased lighting in the area to help deter crime, drive away homeless population.
- Less crime has been reported in areas.
- Thefts at Walgreens (State and Roosevelt)
- Chicago Police have suggested Walgreens train staff in intensive customer service tactics and/or hire security guards to help with theft issues.
New Problems and Concerns:
- With warmer weather, always brings more foot traffic throughout the city. Higher probability of crimes being committed.
- Roosevelt/Canal, Roosevelt/Delano, Roosevelt/State, Roosevelt CTA-Station are gathering points for homeless population. With warmer weather, expect an increase in presence from homeless personnel. CPD aware of increases in population and will increase police presence. Beat 121 assigned to area.
- Summer events and concerts will increase the chances of thefts or crimes against persons.
- State and Harrison intersection has seen an increase in accidents.
- No real signage for pedestrians crossing. Vehicles are not obeying traffic signals and causing accidents with pedestrians.
- Proposed Pedestrian Island in area by Alderman.
- Click here for data on all crimes within Beats 121, 122, 123, and 124