The following has been provided by BOMA/Chicago:
The City of Chicago and the Chicago Cubs will hold a celebratory parade in honor of the Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series victory on Friday, November 4th.
BOMA/Chicago will be monitoring the parade with updates from the City’s Emergency Operations Centers (CEOC) throughout the day. Updates will be sent to BOMA/Chicago members as necessary.
The parade will begin at Wrigley Field,1060 W. Addison at 10:00AM and proceed to Grant Park. The anticipated arrival at Grant Park will be ** PM. The route will be as follows:
- Step off at Wrigley
- Proceed down Addison to Lake Shore Drive
- Lake Shore Drive to Michigan Avenue
- Michigan Avenue to Randolph
- Randolph to Columbus
- Columbus to Hutchinson Field in Grant Park.
City officials are asking fans to view the parade at three locations:
- Addison Street from Sheffield to Pine Grove
- North Michigan Avenue from Oak to Ohio streets
- Columbus Drive between Monroe Street and Balbo Avenue.
A rally will take place at Lower Hutchinson Field in Grant Park around noon. Attendees will have to pass through security screening at entrances at Michigan Avenue and Jackson Boulevard and Michigan and Congress Parkway.
Street closures along the route and closing/opening times have not yet been announced, but can begin as early as 4:00AM on Friday.
Demands on all public transportation are expected to be heavy. Changes in service, service interruptions and notices of additional service can be found at:
More information can be found in the City’s official release by following this link. Chicago Cubs World Series Parade
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).
- If you see something suspicious, report it
- Carry water and stay hydrated
- Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
- Utilize the buddy system
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
- Leave any valuables at home
- Do not jump any barricades
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Stay calm and pleasant
- Follow your own instincts
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible