A Carry the Load rally is happening tonight, May 16, 2018. A few hundred people are expected to stop at the Vietnam Memorial along the Chicago Riverwalk between State an Wabash around 5:30 pm.
Another Carry the Load rally is happening on Memorial Day, Monday May 28, 2018. Starting at 10:15 am and ending around 12:45 pm. See the details below.
May 16, 2018 Event Schedule:
- 4:30 pm: Meet at Richard J. Daley Plaza 50 W. Washington St. Chicago, IL
- 5:00 pm: Begin walk to Vietnam Memorial and continue to USS Chicago Anchor Memorial.
- 6:00 pm: 2-mile walk ends at Navy Pier USS Chicago Memorial
May 28, 2018 Event Schedule:
- 10:15 am: Meet at Richard J. Daley Plaza 50 W. Washington St. Chicago, IL
- 10:30am: Begin walk to Vietnam Memorial and continue to USS Chicago Anchor Memorial.
- 11:30 am: 2-mile walk ends at Navy Pier USS Chicago Memorial
Route of March: (Will remain on the sidewalk)
- North on Dearborn from Daley Plaza
- East on Randolph to State St
- North on State St to the Riverwalk
- East on Riverwalk to Columbus
- North on Columbus to Illinois St
- East on Illinois St to Navy Pier
- If you see something suspicious, report it
- Carry water and stay hydrated
- Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
- Utilize the buddy system
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
- Leave any valuables at home
- Do not jump any barricades
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Stay calm and pleasant
- Follow your own instincts
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).
Demonstration Building Security Preparedness Checklist – Click Here
BOMA/Chicago Best Practices Guide for Civil Unrest/Disturbances/Protests – Click Here
Building Security Best Practices for Protests – Click Here