Titan recently attended the BOMA/Chicago Preparedness Committee Meeting and would like to pass along the following information:
Message from Public Sector Partners:
There was a Community Alert for robberies on November 10, 2017, as well as November 14, 2017.
- The alert administered on November 10th informed that the offender seeks people looking at their cell phones, and snatches them while riding a bicycle.
- The alert administered on November 14th provided information on teenage offenders, both males and females, approaching people on the sidewalk, striking them, and taking their belongings.
To view the full Community Alert for November 10, click here
To view the full Community Alert for November 14, 2017, click here
- November 16-December 24th: Christkindlmarket Chicago Daley Center Plaza
- November 23, 2017: McDonald’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- December 3, 2017: Chicago Bears Home Game vs. The 49ers
- December 24, 2017: Chicago Bears Home Game vs. The Browns
There has been a 4% decrease in crimes for the past month of October, compared to October 2016. The total number of reported crimes for October 2017 was 88, compared to 92 reported crimes for October 2016.
The following includes the number of reported crimes for October 2017:
- 49 reports of Theft
- 14 reports of Criminal Damage
- 5 reports of Burglary
- 4 Reports of Assault
- 4 Reports of Motor Vehicle Theft
- 64 of these crime reports have occurred in Parking lots/parking garages
- 24 of these crime reports have occurred in commercial buildings or business offices
To view this report in more detail, click here
The City Council of Chicago:
- The City Council of Chicago has called upon city officials, departments, and authorities to assemble a Chicago Vehicular Terrorism Task Force to aid in the protection of potential terrorism indicators and attacks.
For more information, click here
E 911 System Data Collection:
A 911 Emergency System Data Collection was discussed and the implementation of this system is projected to benefit building occupants, local emergency call centers, First Responders, as well as Federal, State, and Local Public Safety Organizations.
For more information on the E911 System Data Collection, click here
- There will be a Fire Safety Director Course on December 12th through the 14th from 8:00am to noon at IUOE Local 399 Hall, located at 2260 South Grove.
- It is mandatory for participants to attend all three days
- The Importance of “See Something, Say Something” was discussed; as always, if you see something suspicious, say something, alert authorities, and call 9-1-1.
- There are currently no known threats, but activity is expected to occur during the holiday months