Below is a summary of what was discussed at today’s BOMA/Chicago Preparedness Committee Meeting on August 20, 2019.
The meeting includes a wide range of attendees including members of the Chicago Fire Department, Chicago Police Department’s 1st and 18th Districts and other government agencies.
The meeting’s first guest speaker was Ashley Reichert from the Illinois Statewide Terrorism and Intelligence Center (STIC) fusion center in Springfield, IL. She presented an overview of the fusion center concept, examples of recent incidents, and points of cooperation between the public and private sectors.
The meeting’s second guest speaker was Emily Zaran from the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH). She provided an overview of communicable disease prevention and mitigation measures, cited examples of past influenza and measles outbreaks, and discussed future capabilities.
Other things to note:
- Carlos Villarreal Memorial Award Nominations are due on August 22nd
- Open BOMA/Chicago Preparedness Committee Meeting at the Aon Center on September 17th
- BOMA Preparedness Committee meeting at the ASIS GSX conference at McCormick Place on September 10th
- Tabletop exercise scheduled for November 7th
- 2019 Chicago Marathon is scheduled for Sunday, October 13th