Chicago’s two largest St. Patrick’s day celebrations will be held this weekend.
Saturday, March 16th
- 9:00 am, dyeing of the Chicago River, the majority of spectators will be between State Street and Columbus
- 12:00 pm, step off of the downtown St Patrick’s Day parade. The parade is three hours and will run down Columbus between Balbo and Monroe
- For more information on the parade and river dyeing visit:
Sunday, March 17th
- St. Patrick’s Day (Official)
- 12:00 pm, South Side Irish Parade in the Beverly Neighborhood. The parade will run down Western from 103rd to 115th
Be prepared for large, and often mischievous, crowds.
- Make sure you have plans in place to keep your building secure from those who do not belong, such as access control or physical security
- Consider minimizing the number of usable entrances and funneling people through one entrance to limit unwanted access
- Discuss possible security breaches and protocol with all building staff
- Consider having extra staff in place to show a large visual security presence and deter activity
- Consider removing things from around the building that may be vandalized or used as projectiles
- As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding how to prepare for St. Patrick’s Day activity, please contact your Titan representative.