The 60th annual Chicago Air and Water Show will take place Saturday August 18th and Sunday August 19th from 10:00am to 3:00pm. Friday August 17th between 10:00am and 3:00pm is a practice day with acts doing part or all of their routine.
The show centers at North Avenue Beach, but crowds gather between Ohio Street Beach and Fullerton Avenue. Click here for more information on parking, performers and the show.
- Attendees will be screened as they reach the beach by CPD and Park District Security
- The weather is foretasted to be in the high 80’s with a chance of thunderstorms on Friday. In case of sever weather temporary shelter is available at near by underpasses, including Diversey Harbor, Fullerton avenue, Division Street, Scott Street, Oak Street and Chicago Avenue
Getting to the Air and Water Show:
- Pedestrians – Bridges, tunnels or underpasses at Fullerton Avenue, Division Street, Scott Street, Chicago Avenue, North Avenue Beach and Oak Street Beach provide easy access to the lakefront and North Avenue Beach
- Public Transit – The CTA will be providing extra service on the Blue, Brown, Green and Orange lines as well as the 22 Clark bus, 72 North Avenue bus and the 151 Sheridan bus. Extra service will also be provided on 4 of 11 Metra lines. Click here for Metra service information.
- Biking – Bikes are allowed on the beach; Divvy will be offering valet services starting at 10am both days at Lake Shore Drive and North Avenue, Navy Pier and Theater on The Lake
- Driving – If you drive parking is available downtown at Millennium Garages four under ground locations with free shuttle to North Avenue Beach
- Ride Share – The pickup/drop off points usually located on the northbound on ramp to Lake Shore Drive at North Avenue will be pushed west towards Clark Street to avoid congestion
- If you have have an emergency, or need to locate your party, the lakefront is lined with green signs containing a specific sequence of white letters and numbers, be sure to use these to help first-responders find you quicker
- The following items are not recommended to bring to the show
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Carry water and stay hydrated
- Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
- Leave any valuables at home
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).