Prepare now — the Chicagoland area will experience excessive heat this weekend.
The National Weather Service has issued and excessive heat warning in effect from 11:00am Friday June 29, 2018 through 7:00pm Saturday June 30, 2018.
Afternoon highs in the mid to upper 90’s and peak heat indices in the 105 to 110 degree range are expected.
Follow these Heat Safety Tips
- Reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening
- Drink plenty of water
- Rest frequently in a cool spot
- Wear light weight loose fitting clothing
- Young children and pets should not be left unattended
- Watch for signs of heat stroke — hot, red skin; changes in consciousness; rapid, weak pulse; rapid, shallow breathing
- Heat stroke is an emergency, call 911
- Call 311 to request well being checks for elderly friends or family or for information on finding the nearest cooling centers