The 38th running of the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K is just around the corner. On Sunday, April 2, 2017, approximately 40,000 runners will be racing through the streets of Chicago, as they kickoff the 2017 running season.
The Start and Finish Line areas are both located in Grant Park on Columbus Drive. The course runs through downtown Chicago, extending north to Grand Ave., west to Desplaines St. and south to Roosevelt Rd.
For detailed information about timing of street closures, please click here. Event organizers are working with the Chicago Police Department to ensure closures follow a rolling pattern, so streets will reopen to allow traffic once the final runners have passed. Please make adjustments to your schedule to avoid any inconvenience on race day.
For the course map, please click here.
As always, if you “See Something, Say Something”. For life-threatening emergencies, call 911. To report suspicious activity, call 855-RPRT-2-S4 (855-777-8274).
Additionally remember these safety tips:
- If you see something suspicious, report it
- Carry water and stay hydrated
- Choose a landmark to meet at in case you are separated from your group
- Utilize the buddy system
- Remain alert and be observant of surroundings
- Leave any valuables at home
- Do not jump any barricades
- Secure handbags and wallets
- Stay calm and pleasant
- Follow your own instincts
- Leave yourself room to move quickly
- If you see an unattended bag, alert police as quickly as possible